This might be the longest update and it took over 2 months. it doesn’t mean that development has stopped though it was focused on 2 things:
- Presentation for OpenStreetMap conference (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrEI5T47saI)
- Finishing Admin panel for OpenPlaceReviews
In order to share results, let me first of all say what is a current status. As of now there is no public registration at Blockchain yet. Alpha-registration got cancelled and it was decided to release it once we have some activities to do on the website.
Blockchain is successfully running in readonly mode for last 2 months and only administrators can add operations. It synchronizes all OpenStreetMap amenities with Blockchain and so far more than 1000 blocks is created. You can browse at https://r1.openplacereviews.org/api/admin?.
What I can see today?
https://r1.openplacereviews.org/api/admin? - readonly main blockchain explorer that synchronizes all amenities. Also you can access Public APIs like https://r1.openplacereviews.org/api/public/geo/index (tiles a bit slow now, we’re going to change service in future). Also we’re going to add other Public APIs to check which places has recently changed and so on
https://dev.openplacereviews.org/api/admin - development blockchain. Feel free to get access to all features with this login credentials.
- Updated android mobile app ( https://download.osmand.net/latest-night-build/openplacereviews.apk ). It doesn’t have any features except simple browse place feature with context menu. We’re working on it together with registration.
What are next steps?
- Finish Login / Signup API
- Add simple Web and Mobile Signup / Login screens
- Introduce a simple instrument to check whether OSM Permanent ID is properly maintained in Blockchain and add auditing tools to correct algorithm errors.
- Add API to save Favorite places from Mobile App in Blockchain.
Please feel free to ask any question in our telegram channels: